Forums » Suggestions to improve this website

Wish list of features and fixes

• 24 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:52 AM GMT

The Community Rail Cafe now has more than a hundred members, and to celebrate we wanted to ask you if there are any new features you would find useful on the site (or if you have any gripes for us to try and fix). 

We won’t necessarily be able to implement everything, but it would be great to hear what you think.

• December 1, 2015 9:54 AM GMT

It would be great if we could tag people into conversations like you can in facebook- I think this would alert certain people to a topic which they could assist with in a nice simple way. Thanks

• 14 posts
    May 17, 2016 10:27 AM BST

Could we have a section on new franchises please? There isn't an obvious place for discussion on such matters at the moment.

• 24 posts
    May 17, 2016 11:25 AM BST

Hi Stephen - new forum section for new franchises now created. Click 'Post new topic' to be the first on board.

This post was edited by Mike Parker-Bray at May 17, 2016 11:26 AM BST
    • 14 posts
    May 17, 2016 11:29 AM BST

Fantastic! Thanks.

• 17 posts
    June 6, 2016 4:38 PM BST
    Can we have a mobile version as I live off my mobile?
    • 24 posts
    June 7, 2016 9:49 AM BST

Hi Ian, it should automatically show a mobile-friendly version when you visit the site on a smartphone (see screenshot below).

Does the site not display like this for you? Or are there specific things that you want to do on the mobile site but can't?

• 17 posts
    June 7, 2016 12:23 PM BST

[blockquote]Mike Parker-Bray said:

Hi Ian, it should automatically show a mobile-friendly version when you visit the site on a smartphone (see screenshot below).

Does the site not display like this for you? Or are there specific things that you want to do on the mobile site but can't?

Mike, I wear glasses and the text is still too small to read on 4.5" screen - might just be me? Thanks

Ian

[/blockquote]

• 24 posts
    June 9, 2016 10:56 AM BST

Hi Ian, thanks for the feedback. I've just increased the font size of the site (for both desktop and mobile). See how you get on - hope this helps. Hopefully will benefit others too. 

This post was edited by Mike Parker-Bray at June 9, 2016 10:59 AM BST
    • 14 posts
    August 12, 2016 11:05 AM BST

Hi could we have a section on rail service issues please?

• 6 posts
    August 16, 2016 8:26 AM BST

Hi Stephen

Can you be more specific please?

For instances, with growing unrest around the network over essentially  who closes doors on trains, we don’t want this forum to either take sides, or get bogged down is an issue that we have little or no influence in.

Thanks

Brian

• 14 posts
    August 25, 2016 11:18 AM BST

Hi Brian,

Sorry my last post was rather cryptic! I was thinking of timetabling matters, particularly services between Christmas & New Year; London Midland are proposing to reduce our service to 2 hourly again.

Appreciate the need  for the Forum to steer clear over Selective Door Operation!