Forums » Other projects

Future masterclass ideas, national or international

• 3 posts
    October 8, 2015 12:00 PM BST

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'd like to use this thread to build ideas for future masterclasses.  Personally, I'm thinking of looking for some kind of funding to take the idea forward and would welcome input and ideas, and also if anyone would like to be involved in something in the future, to make connections.

Additionally, if anybody is thinking of doing their own masterclass, perhaps with their local university, please do contact me and I'll be able to give support and answer any questions about organisation of such a project. 

My contact details are: njdavies@uclan.ac.uk

Or 01772895897

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Nick

• October 8, 2015 2:06 PM BST

Hi Nick

I guess access to funding may be led by the topic chosen for another masterclass? Depending on what it was we may get TOCs interested in funding a Masterclass, especially if it helped them with insights. Maybe Jeremy or Craig might have some ideas?

• 3 posts
    October 8, 2015 2:14 PM BST

There's probably several ways to look at funding, with probably the most straightforward being the TOCs, but as the idea is such a unique one, there could also be an academic angle, ie look for research funding.

I'm only at the very first stage of thinking about it, but didn't want to lose any momentum after all of the feedback and positivity about taking it forward last week, so I thought a discussion here could be the way forward.

I'd welcome any ideas from Jeremy, Craig, or anyone else really - sure that we can take this idea somewhere!

• October 8, 2015 2:23 PM BST

I agree, let's keep the momentum going.

• 24 posts
    October 8, 2015 2:35 PM BST

Absolutely. Here's a taster of the masterclasses held in 2013 and 2015, for those who haven't been involved so far:

http://www.citizensrail.org/masterclass

href="http://www.citizensrail.org/masterclass-ii">http://www.citizensrail.org/masterclass-ii

• 2 posts
    October 27, 2015 7:39 PM GMT

Hi Nick

We are exploring some ideas for collaboration with our colleagues in the Netherlands and would be happy to share these with you. Happy to participate in future Masterclasses at UCLAN too.

• 3 posts
    November 5, 2015 12:09 PM GMT

Hello Jeremy

I'll certainly keep you in the loop about any future masterclasses at UCLAN, it would be great if you could come along and speak at one.  I'm in PhD world for the next two months and think I'll start to make enquiries about funding in the new year.  If you need university involvement for your collaborative project, I would be very happy to help organise that side of things. 

Best wishes

Nick

• 2 posts
    November 6, 2015 7:25 AM GMT

Nick

Good morning. Very happy to come and speak at a future Masterclass. I'll chase up on the Netherlands side of things - thank you for your offer of assistance.

I suggest we agree to meet up after Christmas when you are free of of PhD stuff.

Regards

Jeremy